The Knicks are considering waiving Immanuel Quickley

The New York Knicks would consider moving on from Immanuel Quickley in the right trade, according to Hoopshype’s Michael Scotto.

There are two main reasons why the Knicks would consider moving on from Quickley, last season’s Sixth Man of the Year finalist.

First, the wide gap in their extension speaks to this past offseason.

“As HoopsHype previously reported, Quickley was offered about $18 million per year and he was looking for something closer to $25 million per year, league sources said,” Scotto wrote.

Second, Quickley wants to start, which he recorded in a Yahoo Sports story on March 23, 2023.

“I don’t want everyone to think I just want to be a microwave guy,” Quickley told Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports. “I don’t want to give this impression for my career. Because ultimately, I want to be the starter across the board. You don’t work your whole life to… you know? But I’ll do whatever the team needs me to do. The important thing is to win in the end.”