Julius Randle was one of the most notable absences in early fan voting for the upcoming NBA All-Star Game in Indianapolis. In the list released last week, Randle was not among the top 10 frontcourt players in the Eastern Conference, despite him having represented the Knicks twice in the past three seasons (including last year’s performance in Salt Lake City).
Randle briefly addressed the apparent snub as the Knicks worked during a weekend road trip between Philadelphia and Washington. The 29-year-old thanked those who filled the ballot boxes for him, but was otherwise unfazed by the All-Star rankings.
“The fans voting for me, I appreciate it,” Randle said before Friday’s win over Philadelphia, per Stefan Bondy of the New York Post. “At the end of the day, I play to win games, win basketball games, my job is to win as many games as I can, try to win the championship. I’ve always said that personal recognition comes with all of this. That’s not really my goal.”
“I’m sure that in a week or two things will change. It’s just the nature of how these things go. But like I said, that’s not really my goal.”