Charles Oakley is once again at odds with the Knicks over the latest request

Charles Oakley is once again embroiled in a public spat with the New York Knicks, this time over whether he will be allowed to return to Madison Square Garden.

On Friday, Oakley told Dan Gelston of the Associated Press that the Knicks had extended him an offer to attend a playoff game at Madison Square Garden along with other team legends.

“I guess their lawyer called my lawyer saying it’s a good time for you to come back to the Garden,” Oakley said, via ESPN.

That’s not the case, at least according to the Knicks. A spokesperson for the team told the AP that no such offer had been extended, especially because Oakley is still taking legal action against the organization over his February 2017 arrest stemming from an altercation with security officials at MSG. Oakley was accused of bizarre behavior after he was asked to leave for alleged disruptive behaviour.

Even if Oakley had been welcomed back to MSG, he indicated that he would not have attended without an apology from owner James Dolan.

“They need to apologize,” Oakley said. “We’ll start from there. He may (Dolan) be man enough to say that mistakes happen. And he made one.

Oakley recently filed another amended lawsuit against MSG and remains adamant that it was mistreated despite the dismissal of numerous other lawsuits. Clearly, he won’t be attending a Knicks game anytime soon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.